Each week a new instrument will be brought into the class. The kids will get hands on with each of them, & learn about how the instrument is made, what sound it makes, and compare the differences between different sounds each instrument makes. We will make a couple of musical based crafts through the 8 weeks, as well as touch on the musical signs and time signatures from the Movers & Shakers class.
This 8-week series is held at Enchanted Forest every Saturday at 10:30am starting October 6th. All instruments and materials are provided. $67 for the series when using credit card or PayPal for online or in-store registrations ($65 if registering and paying in-store with cash or debit).
10 Reasons to Introduce Your Child to Music
1. Early musical training helps develop brain areas involved in language and reasoning.
2. There is a link between music and spatial intelligence.
3. Students of the arts learn to think creatively and to solve problems by imagining various solutions. Questions about the arts do not have only one right answer.
4. Students who study the arts are more successful on standardized tests such as the SAT. They also achieve higher grades in high school.
5. A study of the arts provides children with a glimpse of other cultures and teaches them to be empathetic towards the people of these cultures.
6. Music study enhances teamwork skills and discipline.
7. Music provides children with a means of self-expression.
8. Music study develops skills that are necessary in the workplace.
9. Music performance teaches young people to conquer fear and to take risks.
10. An arts education exposes children to incomparable experiences.