Movers & Shakers is a great class for a busy little person!
Each week we will use a different theme; Odd Socks, Favourite Colour, etc.. to learn about the many aspects of music. Throughout the 6 weeks your child will get hands on with rhythm instruments & will be introduced to musical signs & symbols that are used regularly in music. We will also have fun with Time Signatures, & use them to create rhythms using many fun instruments. Designed for children age 2-4 years.
This 6-week series is held at Enchanted Forest every Saturday at 10:30am starting April 21. All instruments and materials are provided. $52 for the series when using credit card or PayPal for online or in-store registrations ($50 if registering and paying in-store with cash or debit).
10 Reasons to Introduce Your Child to Music
1. Early musical training helps develop brain areas involved in language and reasoning.
2. There is a link between music and spatial intelligence.
3. Students of the arts learn to think creatively and to solve problems by imagining various solutions. Questions about the arts do not have only one right answer.
4. Students who study the arts are more successful on standardized tests such as the SAT. They also achieve higher grades in high school.
5. A study of the arts provides children with a glimpse of other cultures and teaches them to be empathetic towards the people of these cultures.
6. Music study enhances teamwork skills and discipline.
7. Music provides children with a means of self-expression.
8. Music study develops skills that are necessary in the workplace.
9. Music performance teaches young people to conquer fear and to take risks.
10. An arts education exposes children to incomparable experiences.