Expose your child to the world of music! Through songs & instruments your child will cultivate an early love of music, along with developing fine motor skills and movement! Did you know that music helps with brain development? Music is proven to develop areas in the brain used for language & reasoning, as will as spatial intelligence. Designed for babies up to 23 months.
This 8-week series is held at Enchanted Forest every Saturday from 9:30-10am starting October 7 and ending December 2. There will be no class on Remembrance Day. All instruments and materials are provided. $67 for the series when using credit card or PayPal for online or in-store registrations ($65 if registering and paying in-store with cash or debit).
10 Reasons to Introduce Your Child to Music
1. Early musical training helps develop brain areas involved in language and reasoning.
2. There is a link between music and spatial intelligence.
3. Students of the arts learn to think creatively and to solve problems by imagining various solutions. Questions about the arts do not have only one right answer.
4. Students who study the arts are more successful on standardized tests such as the SAT. They also achieve higher grades in high school.
5. A study of the arts provides children with a glimpse of other cultures and teaches them to be empathetic towards the people of these cultures.
6. Music study enhances teamwork skills and discipline.
7. Music provides children with a means of self-expression.
8. Music study develops skills that are necessary in the workplace.
9. Music performance teaches young people to conquer fear and to take risks.
10. An arts education exposes children to incomparable experiences.